Participation in the UK Network of the UN Global Compact is open to UK based organisations that are “active” participants in the UN Global Compact. Please note that an organisation is not automatically a participant in the UK Network when it becomes a signatory to the Global Compact – there are separate joining processes for each initiative.
How to join the UK Network of the UN Global Compact
UK based organisations that are active participants in the UN Global Compact are welcome to join the UK Network in one of the following categories:
Corporate participant – this category is for business both large and small
Non-business participant – this category is for NGOs, trade unions, academic institutions, business associations, cities, and other non-business organisations.
Prospective participants in the UK Network should submit a completed application form and Statement of Support for the UK Network of the UN Global Compact (download PDF) to the UK Network Secretariat. The Secretariat will confirm the applicant’s standing in the UNGC, determine the appropriate participation fee, and send the prospective participant an invoice.
Upon payment of the invoice, the organisation will be added to the list of participants in the UK Network.
To maintain good standing in the UK Network, participants must fulfill the following obligations:
- Maintain their standing as an “Active” participant in the UN Global Compact as defined by the UN; this includes, but is not limited to, the timely submission of a Communication on Progress compliant with UNGC rules.
- Participate in the UK Network COP peer review process as defined by the Steering Committee; this may include acting as a peer reviewer and/or submitting a COP for review when called upon.
- Pay the appropriate fee, as determined by the Steering Committee for participation in the Network:
- Large company (>3000 employees): £2,895 +VAT
- Medium company (251-3000 employees): £2,035 +VAT
- Small company (<250 employees) £505 +VAT
- Non-business participant £505 +VAT.
For all inquiries regarding participation in the UK Network, please contact the UK Network Secretariat.
*A review of the by-laws are currently under way