Event: UK Launch of WEPs Gender Gap Analysis Tool
17 May 2017
Join the UN Global Compact Network UK and BSR for an afternoon session introducing the WEPs Gender Gap Analysis Tool and exploring the WEPs in the context of the Sustainable Development Goals. Participants will also hear from companies that have already used the tool and taken action based on results.
- Steve Kenzie, Executive Director, Global Compact Network UK
- Helen Sheppard, Corporate Responsibility Manager, RELX Group
- Lauren Shields, Manager, BSR
To view the full agenda and register your place, please click here.
Workshop: ‘Communicating Progress: The Essentials
22 May 2017
The UN Global Compact Network UK is repeating its half-day training workshop on how to draft a Communication on Progress (COP) that complies with the UN Global Compact’s reporting requirements and effectively communicates with your company’s stakeholders.
Presenters will disucss COP requirements, materiality, links to GRI, data collection/metrics and effective presentation. This workshop is aimed at people producing their first COP and always receives very positive reviews from participants. To find out more information please browse our workshop flyer and register here.
Webinars: Introducing the new UNGC Funding Model
Starting in January 2018, the UN Global Compact will be introducing a new funding model. All business signatories with greater than USD 50M annual turnover will be affected. Please plan to join one of our webinars to learn more.
Workshop: Human Rights Due Diligence and Reporting
13 June 2017
The UNGC UK Network is partnering with SHIFT and WBCSD to hold a one day workshop in Johannesburg focused on Human Rights Due Diligence and Reporting.
The workshop will provide training to UNGC UK and WBCSD members with operations or suppliers in Africa. SHIFT will tailor the workshop to the needs of the participating companies and individuals. By the end of the events, participants will have a solid understanding of their respective organisation’s responsibility to respect human rights and will have familiarity with a number of key tools that will help them prioritise their salient human rights, embed the UN Guiding Principles throughout their organisations, and manage and report publicly on their salient human rights. A more detailed agenda will be circulated in advance.
This workshop is part of a larger DFID-funded initiative comprised of three capacity-building phases:
- First, training the UNGC UK and WBCSD Secretariat personnel and representatives from their member companies on key UNGP concepts, due diligence elements, and public disclosure through the UNGP Reporting Framework – these events took place on December 1st and January 25th, respectively, in London;
- Second, delivering combined capacity-building workshop to member offices, subsidiaries, and suppliers in an appropriate field location – 13th June in Johannesburg with other workshops in development;
- Third, returning to the field locations after 6 months and providing additional training or support to the second stage participants, in the most appropriate format (additional training, clinic sessions etc.)
Please contact the Secretariat for more information and to confirm your interest in attending.
Webinar: UK Network AGM
22 June 2017
In compliance with the Network’s Memorandum and Articles of Association, we are required to hold an Annual General Meeting. Given the demands of our events programme this spring, it has been decided that the AGM should be done online rather than in person. This format still requires that we achieve quorum to fulfill our legal obligation, so your support would be greatly appreciated.
The AGM webinar will begin at 3pm and, as always, the AGM will be brief – not longer than 30 minutes. It will be followed by a presentation on the UNGC’s new funding model.
Please register here.